IBM z System z/OS (H21x) Updates
Download the update file to your PC from the download link below. Upload the patch distribution file to z/OS as follows:
- Connect via FTP to your z/OS system.
- Change the directory to your desired high level qualifier:
- If necessary, change the location of your local directory to the location of the patch distribution file:
- Set the required attributes for the file:
- Transfer the distribution file in BIN mode:
- Quit your FTP client
- Follow the specific instructions provided with the update.
quote site lrecl=80 blksize=3120 recfm=fb prim=200 sec=100 tracks
bin put Ptchxxxx.xmit ptchxxxx.xmit
Retrieve the update from https://ftp.netex.com/product_dl/public/netex/H210IPZ/7.4/Ptch6840.xmit. FTP the downloaded patch to z/OS. (Refer to "How do I obtain/install an update" above for further details.)
To apply the patch:
- Issue the TSO PROFILE PROMPT command to be sure prompting is allowed.
- Issue the TSO RECEIVE command against the patch distribution file that was uploaded as follows:
- The RECEIVE command will issue the following prompt:
- Customize the NTXINST job in the'dsn1' library by specifying the following parameters, then submitting the job for execution:
- Change the DFILE parameter to specify the name of the library into which the patch was TSO RECEIVE'd in step 2 above ('dsn1').
- Change the HLQ parameter to specify the high-level qualifier name of the NetEx/IP base distribution libraries (e.g. what was specified in the Netex Rel 7.4 base install job).
- (Optional) Change the LOADLIB parameter to specify the name of the NetEx/IP load library to override the default ('hlq.NTXLOAD'). This parameter specifies the name of the library used when linking NetEx/IP with this patch.
- After this patch is installed, the output of the NetEx/IP 'Display Level' command (D L) will display "Release 7.4.1". NXMURD750E will then be output as NXMURD750W when the MSGLVL is 6 or less.
where ‘dsn’ specifies the name of the distribution file that was FTP’d to z/OS. For example:
Enter restore parameters or ‘DELETE’ or ‘END’
where ‘dsn1’ specifies the name of the library to receive the patch distribution into. For example:
Update file name: Ptch6840.xmit
This update provides a patch job. Retrieve https://ftp.netex.com/product_dl/public/EFT/213/5.4.5/Patch-5213.JCL, modify job for your site and submit the job.
Update file name: Patch-5213.JCL
This update provides a patch job. Retrieve https://ftp.netex.com/product_dl/public/EFT/213/5.4.4/Patch-5213.JCL, modify job for your site and submit the job.
Update filename: Patch-5213.JCL