Dumps, logs and other supporting information may be uploaded to us to provide additional information for our support engineers. We accept uploads through both FTP and HTTPS. We recommend HTTPS. Here are some useful tips:
- HTTPS: Direct your preferred HTTPS client application to https://ftp.netex.com (or https://126.96.36.199).
- FTP: Direct your preferred FTP client application to ftp://ftp.netex.com (or 188.8.131.52).
- FTP: You must issue a cd uploads command prior to uploading your file(s).
- FTP: Directory listings are not available.
- Do not change the names of files produced by NetEx products (i.e. diagnostic dump files)
- Refrain from using spaces or other special characters in any uploaded file names. Alphanumeric characters, periods, dashes, and underscore characters only.
- If this is a user created file, choose a name that can help identify your site and problem. E.g., "customername.h211err911.dump" or "ticketnumber.product.log". (Normally, dumps and other formatted files should be sent in binary mode, text files in ASCII mode.)
- Note the file name in the problem report form or in your email or phone call to NetEx Support.
Preparing z/OS Files for Upload
This procedure uses the capabilities of TSO TRANSMIT/RECEIVE. We request that customers prepare and send the data to our upload server in this manner so that the expected original file characteristics can be maintained.
- Use the TSO TRANSMIT command to allocate a new dataset and convert the original dataset format.The TRANSMIT command will use default DCB characteristics for the created dataset and will set the LRECL to 80, the BLKSIZE to 3120, and the RECFM to FB. It is important to maintain known dataset characteristics so that when the dataset is received, it can be reconstructed correctly.
- Use TSO TRANSMIT to convert the original dataset (nodename is the system name and your TSO ID name):
TRANSMIT nodename.userid DSNAME(original) OUTDATASET(new DSN)
- Transmit the new dataset to the dump server location as a binary file using the procedure above.
Recent News about HyperIP2016 NetExIP-HyperIP Security Enhancement Update
NetEx/IP® and HyperIP® Today Network Executive Software, Inc. (NESi) brings high performance file transfer technology to the industry-standard IP environment with its NetEx/IP and HyperIP software products. NetEx/IP is many times faster than TCP over long distances, which makes it the ideal solution for moving massive amounts of mission- or time-critical data a…[MORE+]